Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Fun with Diosa polishes! (Part I)

Howdy y'all!

I know I've been a little MIA on the blogging game. If you follow me on instagram, you've seen pictures of what I've been doing, but in recovering from this semester, I just haven't felt up to blogging. But, I'm back and ready to get at it! So, for now, I'll play a little catch up. Yes? Yes, okay. Let's do it.

As I said I while back, I won three beautiful polishes from Diosa. The first polish is "Somethin' Extra", a beautiful holographic glitter. I like it because it's unlike any other holographic glitter I have. It has small, fleck-like glitter instead of large pieces, and it doesn't give a full-coverage, spectraflair effect, which is actually nice. It's definitely a new favorite polish, and I'm going to reach for it time and time again in the future - I already know it. The second is a blue polish called "Vegas Pool Party". It looks a little lighter in the bottle than it did on my nails, but I really like the color it is on my nails. Its application was beautiful, and almost a one-coater. If you tend to paint thicker coats, you could probably just do one. I used two to be safe. Really lovely color. And, the last color is "Fuschia Plans". I chose this one for its name, honestly. How clever is that? Haha, I lucked out because this color is fantastic! It has a semi-jelly quality that dries to a rubbery finish, and it needed two coats for opacity. It's so bright! It's almost a neon, but not quite. These wore very well with minimal wear after a few days.


I created three manicures using only these three polishes over the last couple of weeks, which I'll split up into three blog posts. Here's the first. It started as something simple because I hate to go too long with bare nails, and things were still hectic with finals and such. Thank goodness that's all over!


And then, of course, because I can't leave well enough alone, I added star studs from the wheel they included in my prize. I loved this so much! I didn't want to take it off. I used nail glue to adhere the studs and added a top coat. Those things were anchored! Not one fell off by the time I removed this manicure.


Tell me what you think of these colors! Aren't they lovely? Many thanks to Diosa for their giveaway. They've definitely found a new fan in me.

Until next time,
Kasey xo

No comments:

Post a Comment